All successful people men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose. – Brian Tracy
Are you feeling lazy? Do you know what you need to do and want to do but can’t seem to do it? Are you getting frustrated with yourself and your lack of progress?
One respected scholar gives us the answer to these questions …
not having a big enough goal
… Earl Nightingale said the same thing too.
Combining information from both speakers I came up with the following 5 key tips on moving forward:
- Focus on, and be honest about, how you can serve others with what you know or do best
- Have a goal that benefits others with simplicity
- Like a big umbrella, make your goal a far-reaching goal that short-term goals can fit under
- Have the courage to speak up and ask for what you want from others
- Surround yourself or be associated with other dreamers as well
What is key for all these? Belief …
… in god and that he helps whenever he is called upon;
… that god can help us move mountains if we are sincere in our intention; and most importantly,
… that working on benefitting others is in itself a benefit to oneself.
Let us make it count but living a life with purpose beyond our desires, personal benefit and satisfaction.
Image courtesy of Yongkiet / freedigitalphotos.net